Hero Campus Challenge Season 7 Hero MotoCorp Limited
Hero Campus Challenge Season 7: Stages and Timelines
Online Treasure Hunt (This is not an elimination round - only for engagement)
Solve the mysteries that lie ahead as you deduce the final key to the treasure hunt. You need to answer the current question correctly in order to move ahead.
Quiz (Online Assessment)
Teams will have to take the 36-minute quiz with 24 questions. The earlier you start, the better. All team members will attempt the quiz individually. There is a time limit of 90 seconds for each question. You won’t be able to see the next question until you attempt or skip the previous one.
Idea Elevator Pitch Submission
Teams need to submit their pitch in 1-slider PPT along with a 60-90 seconds video in .MP4 format before 15th November 2021, 06:00 AM.
Virtual Presentation Submissions
For the Virtual Presentation round, shortlisted teams need to submit their PPTs in the prescribed format before 5th December 2020, 11:59 PM.
Virtual Presentation Rounds
For the Virtual Presentation round, shortlisted teams need to submit their PPTs in the prescribed format before 5th December 2021, 11:59 PM. Teams will get an opportunity to present their solutions virtually to the Senior Management of Hero MotoCorp Limited.
Grand Finale Submissions
National Finalists will have to submit their Final presentation for the Grand Finale.
Virtual Grand Finale
The National Finalists will get a chance to present their solutions to the Senior Leadership team and will compete for the Winner's Title at the Grand Finale of Hero Campus Challenge Season 7.
All that you need to know about Hero Campus Challenge Season 7
Hero Campus Challenge Season 7, an initiative by Hero MotoCorp Limited, is an opportunity for the students to get a peek into the world of Hero and be a part of it, by working on Hero's real business challenges.
These can be either particular problem-based challenges to choose a methodology to identify the top priorities for the organization or scenario planning exercises to settle on Hero's long-term strategy.
Through HCC Season 7, Hero aims to understand diverse & unique perspectives and approaches toward scenario building/problem-solving from some of the brilliant minds of the country, studying at India’s leading B-Schools and Engineering Colleges.
Participants are expected to analyze past trends and other disruptions from the present world while keeping in mind how it would impact Hero MotoCorp and present their feasible and actionable solution to the current scenario.
- Engineering Colleges: B.Tech/B.E./M.E./M.Tech. students from all IITs, NITs and other Engineering Colleges are eligible to participate.
- B-Schools: First-year and Final-year students from 2 Year MBA/PGDM programs and 1 Year programs are eligible to apply.
Team Formulation Guidelines:
- Students must register in a team of 3.
- All members of a team should be from the same Institute.
- A student cannot be a part of more than one team.
- Only B-School and Engineering students can participate in HCC Season 7.
- There is no restriction on the number of teams from an Institute.
- Once the registration closes, the teams won't be able to change their team members.
Competition Structure and Details:
Round 1: Online Assessment
- All registered teams need to take a 30-minute online quiz with 25 MCQ questions.
- Every team will get only one opportunity to take the assessment. If you have taken it once anytime during the assessment window, then you won't be allowed to re-take it.
- All team members may attempt the quiz individually. Though it is not mandatory for all the members to take the assessment. The final score of the team will be the average score of all the team members who took the assessment. Example: If only one team member played, then the team score will be of that team member. If two team members played, one got 10 and the other got 20, then the team score will be 15 (average of 10 and 20).
- Participants will be assessed based on questions on Critical Reasoning, Logical Ability, and Analytics.
- Teams will be scored on all the questions equally.
- Participation certificates will be provided to everyone who attempts the test.
Round 2: Idea Elevator Video Pitch Submission
- All shortlisted teams from both tracks will be informed about the challenge statements on 2nd November 2021.
- Shortlisted Teams can submit a maximum of 2 solutions with respect to the following conditions:
1. The first solution can be on any of the 4 given problem statements.
2. The second (optional) solution has to be on Sustainability.
- Teams will be required to submit a 1-slider PPT of their proposed solution in the prescribed format.
- Teams are also required to submit a 60-90 seconds video describing their idea along with the PPT.
- Teams must keep in mind the ease of implementation of the solution in the current scenario and NOT consider the futuristic scenarios while working on the case study.
- The last day of submission of entries will be 15th November 2021, 06:00 AM.
- All the teams are requested to submit their entries a few hours before the deadline to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- Besides, the teams would be able to view and change their submissions anytime before the submission deadline. Hence, we would recommend the teams to make their submission at the earliest.
- In case multiple solutions by the same team are selected for the next round, the team will be able to proceed in the competition with only one case of their choice.
- Some Guidelines for Video -
- The video should be in .mp4 format only.
- The file size of the video should not exceed 15 MB.
- No special characters in the video file name apart from _ (underscore)
- Compress your videos through this link - https://www.ps2pdf.com/compress-mp4
- You can also convert your videos to MP4 format through this link - https://www.ps2pdf.com/convert-video-to-mp4
- If you face any issue while uploading the submission try uploading it in incognito mode.
Round 3: Virtual Presentation
- Teams shortlisted for Round 3 (from both the tracks) need to submit their detailed presentation before the start of this round.
- Teams will get an opportunity to present their solutions virtually to the Senior Management of Hero MotoCorp Limited.
- Each team will get 10 minutes to present and 5 mins for Q&A (A total of 15 minutes).
- All the important details will be shared with the shortlisted teams via email.
Virtual Mentorship Period
- Top 10 National Finalists, 5 teams per track, will move ahead for Mentorship and the Grand Finale.
- Each shortlisted team will be assigned a mentor from Hero MotoCorp's Senior Leadership for guidance, prior to the Grand Finale. This will also help the teams shape up their final presentations.
Round 4: Virtual Grand Finale
- All National Finalists will receive an e-invite to the Virtual Grand Finale.
- Finalist teams will be given 10 minutes to present, followed by a 5-minute Q&A round from the panel and audience in the Grand Finale.
- National Winners and Runners-up from both the tracks; Business and Engineering will receive Pre-Placement Interviews (PPIs) from Hero MotoCorp.
General Instructions for all rounds of HCC Season 7 -
- Results for each knockout round would be displayed on www.herocampuschallenge.com and confirmation email to successful teams would be sent to email ids mentioned by teams during registrations.
- Each team can upload only one submission, the size of which should not exceed 20 MB.
- Each team needs to upload the submission for each qualified stage within the time schedule defined by Hero MotoCorp Limited.
- Only the team leader of each team will be able to upload, view and change the submission before the submission deadline.
- Each team has to go through the Terms & Conditions before registering for HCC Season 7.
Terms & Conditions:
The participants are required to go through the following Terms & Conditions before registering for the event:
- Your selection for any function/ department/ location shall be purely based on the Company's business requirements at that particular point of time (in respect to the PPIs offered to the winners)
- Only Pre-Final and Final Year Engineering students are eligible for the PPIs.
- All decisions in matters of eligibility, authenticity & final judgments will be with Hero Motocorp Limited.
- The format, structure and timeline of events are subject to change.
- Hero and its group companies may use your personal details submitted while registration for promotional purposes.
- If a team fails to upload their submission within the prescribed timeline, Hero MotoCorp Limited holds the right to disqualify the team from the competition.
- All your ideas/solutions submitted for HCC Season 7 will be the property of HMCL.
- Disputes, if any, will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Delhi only.
Rewards and Prizes
Winners from both the tracks will get INR 2,00,000 each!
Runners-up from both the tracks will get INR 1,00,000 each!
Winners and Runners up
Winners and Runners up from both tracks will win PPIs from Hero MotoCorp! (Pre Final and Final Year Engineering students are eligible for the PPIs)
Digital participation certificates to everyone who attempts the first round - Online Assessment.
About Hero MotoCorp Limited
Hero MotoCorp is India's leading two wheeler company, which has been providing customers with an excellent range of two wheelers that ensure both style and comfort. The story of Hero MotoCorp can be traced back to the vision of a mobile and empowered India, powered by its two wheelers. Today, Hero MotoCorp has made it its mission to become the best two wheeler company, not only in India but globally by setting benchmarks in style, performance and technology.
What makes Hero Mot...